10 May 2012

surprise!

So I don't have gestational diabetes.

I was surprised when they told me. After coming so close to passing out during the blood tests, I actually wondered if I should just confess to having diabetes, ask them to abort the test, and send me home. It's a good thing I persevered!

Do you know what this means?

A celebration is in order! Rounds of ice cream for EVERYONE!

In seriousness, as much fun as it would be to glut myself on sugar until I literally hear my pancreas cry out in agony, roll over, and die...this little adventure has motivated me to exercise some restraint while indulging my sweet tooth.

I know. I'm surprised, too.

All kinds of surprises in this post.

Sadly, Reality is calling me back from this virtual world, so I must leave you now. Adieu.

1 comment:

  1. Such a witty and clever post, I even read it out loud to Robbie.
    He doesn't understand you like I do :-D

    welcome to my world. we can try and be sugar-free together

    ReplyDelete